The Creative Communities grants program (CCP) encourages arts education and community arts development in Wisconsin. It provides support for projects that further the Arts Board’s goals in the following three areas: Arts Education, Folk and Traditional Arts, and Local Arts. Through direct financial support of specific arts projects, the Arts Board sustains the vitality of Wisconsin culturally, educationally and economically.
The next set of peer review meetings will be held as follows:
Arts Education - April 14, 2016
Local Arts - April 22, 2016
Folk Arts - April 26, 2016
Peer review meetings are held at the Wisconsin Arts Board’s office in Madison and are open to the public. All applicants are encouraged to attend.
Final Reports for FY16 will be due 7/31/16.
Final Reports for FY15 were due 7/31/15.
The Arts Board is using a form service called JotForm. Please allow links that transfer you to their site. Call Dale Johnson at 608-264-8191 with questions.
Acting As a Fiscal Receiver
W-9 Form (please note that the organization name on this form must match the name on the grant application form)
DUNS Number Information
Download WAB Logo
Have a project
Be eligible to apply in
Complete a simple Phase 1 application after reading the FY17 Phase 1 guidelines.
Be invited to submit a Phase 2 application
Creative Communities FY17 Phase 2 guidelines.
Why use a two-phase application process?
The rest of the story:
For more about the Arts Board
Application calendar for FY17:
- January 28, 2016: phone-in Q&A for Phase 1, 12:15 pm (not required)*
- February 5, 2016: Creative Communities Phase 1 application deadline, 3 pm
- February 22, 2016: selected applicants receive invitation to continue into Phase 2
- March 10, 2016: phone-in Q & A for Phase 2, 12:15 pm (not required)
- March 21, 2016: Phase 2 eGrant application deadline, 3 pm
- March 22, 2016: Phase 2 mailed materials postmark deadline
- April 2016: Separate panels meet in Madison to review applications to the Arts Education, Folk Arts and Local Arts components.
- May 6, 2016: Wisconsin Arts Board meets to consider recommendations from panels
- July 1, 2016: Awarded projects may begin
*Phone-in Q&A - Use this time to ask questions of WAB staff and hear other applicants' questions. To participate, dial 605-475-4875 and use the access code 600457#.
Resources for Grant Applicants
Resources for Grant Recipients
* Deadlines falling on a weekend or holiday are moved to the next business day.
Updated: Thursday, August 25, 2016