Scholarships Offered to Arts Groups and Artists for Americans for the Arts National Convention
2015 Americans for the Arts
Subsidy Grant Application Process
At its March board meeting, the Wisconsin Arts Board voted to offer a limited number of registration subsidies to encourage arts administrators, board members, and artists who have never attended an AFTA convention, to participate in the 2015 convention activities in Chicago, June 10-14.
Applicants may request funding to support up to $350 of the registration expenses that they incur. Awarded funds are disbursed on a reimbursement basis following the convention. Only one subsidy is available per organization.
If you are attending the main convention, Arts Wisconsin (our long time partner) may be able to register you at the group rate of $350/person. Please contact Anne Katz at email@example.com immediately after submitting this subsidy application. This does not apply to applicants registering for the pre-conferences.
Criteria for Eligibility:
- One staff person/volunteer per organization can apply.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend the full convention, Friday, June 12 -- Sunday, June 14, 2015.
- Grants are NOT transferable to other individuals. All changes must be discussed with the Arts Board before the convention. Awards may be revised or revoked in light of such changes.
- Applicants who have failed to submit final reports for any previous (not current) Arts Board grants by the application deadline for this subsidy will not be eligible to apply for this subsidy.
- Grant awards are subject to funding availability.
Note: Preference will be given to NEW (first-time) AFTA participants, and to artists or others who are affiliated with an arts organization in some way.
- Copy and paste the following into an email message,
- Answer the questions/fill in the blanks, and
- Email the message to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 1.
- Name of Applicant: ______________________________________________________________
- Check all that apply:
- ___ I am staff/board/volunteer of an arts organization* (please state which one) ________________________________
- ___ I am an individual artist
- ___ I am a student currently enrolled in a college level arts administration program
- Mailing Address:
- Phone Number:
- Contact Email Address:
- Check ALL that apply:
- ___ I plan to attend one of the AFTA pre-conferences (please state which one) _________________________________
- ___ I plan to attend the main AFTA convention, June 12 -14, 2015.
- ___ I plan to attend both a pre-conference and the main convention
- I anticipate sharing the knowledge that I glean from my participation with the following people in the following way(s): ________________________________________________________.
- I have read the eligibility criteria for this WI Arts Board AFTA Subsidy Grant, and confirm that I am eligible to apply. ___yes ___ no
* If I am not the Director or Board Chair of the organization with which I noted an affiliation above, the Director or Board Chair of that organization has approved this application and will send an email under separate cover by May 4th to email@example.com referencing my application and stating his/her approval in writing.